Graduates in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (GEAS) are comprised of graduate student representatives from the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Georgia Institute of Technology. We hold approximately monthly meetings wherein we discuss issues that pertain to the grad student experience, from the perspective of academic, professional, and personal development. For the 2017-2018 academic year, our committee representatives are comprised of:
- GEAS President – Amelia Winner
President is responsible for chairing meetings and acting as liaison between faculty, administration and GEAS.
- GEAS Vice President – Minda Monteagudo
Secretary is responsible for scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and keeping student body informed about the goings-on of the GEAS via email.
- GEAS Treasurer – Chase Chivers
Treasurer ensures adherence to the GEAS budget bylaws and oversees allocation of funds.
- Web Master – Annika Jersild
Web master maintains GEAS website and social media accounts.
- EAS Seminar – Giovanni Liguori
Chair of the EAS Seminar committee, which coordinates visits from graduate-selected, invited speakers.
- Graduate Student Symposium – Tiegan Hobbs
Chair of the GSS committee, which organizes an annual, day-long conference featuring talks and posters by EAS grads.
- Student Government Association EAS Senator – Filippos Tagklis
EAS Senator acts as a liaison between the Georgia Tech SGA and GEAS.
- Social Committee – Gabe Eggers
Chair of the Social committee which plans recreational events for grad students in our department.
- Student Recruiting – Marilyn Jones
Coordinates grad student volunteers to run the Prospective Student visit in spring of each year.
- Professional Development – Elizabeth Spiers
Helps facilitate professional development opportunities, with a focus on non-academic career paths.
and our academic representatives are:
- Space and Planetary Science – Elizabeth Spiers
- Geophysics – Chenyu Li
- Paleoclimate – Shelby Ellis
- Biogeochemistry – George Dragos Zaharascu
- Oceanography & Climate – Giovanni Liguori
Feel free to contact us with questions (email@example.com). General inquiries can be directed to Minda Monteagudo.